- Purdue University Global - Bachelor and Master of Science in Finance
- SNHU - A.S. in Accounting, B.S. in Finance - Financial Planning, and M.S. in Finance. M.B.A. in Finance also available.
- Capella University - Online Finance Degree Programs at the BS, MBA, DBA, and PhD Levels
- Fordham University - Online MS in Global Finance. Bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 minimum GPA required
- The University of Scranton - Master of Science in Finance
- Georgetown University - Online Master of Science in Finance (MSF)
Financial Advisor Salary in Illinois
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), at 6,860, in 2010 Illinois was home to the fifth greatest number of personal financial advisors of any state in the nation. These advisors earned an average annual salary of $80,470. Advisors earning salaries in the top 25 percent earned $96,010 annually on average, while those earning in the top 10 percent made an average of $153,780 per year.
At $81,030, the average mean wage of personal financial advisors in the Chicago-Naperville-Joliet area was a bit higher than the state average.
Stockbroker Salary in Illinois
The BLS reported that there were 19,530 securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents working in Illinois in 2010, meaning the state was home to the fourth-highest number of these financial professionals in the nation. Illinois’ securities agents earned an average annual salary of $95,340. Those earning salaries in the top 25 percent earned an average of $119,260 annually.
Life/Annuity Producer Salary in Illinois
According to information provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), at 15,320, Illinois was home to the fifth-highest number of insurance sales agents of any state in the country in 2010. These agents earned an average annual salary of $64,910. Agents earning salaries in the top 25 percent made $77,690 on average, while those earning in the top 10 percent earned an average annual salary of $124,400.
Salary and employment data compiled by the United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics in May of 2010. These estimates do not include self-employed financial advisors. The Bureau of Labor Statistics always expresses salaries equal to or greater than $166,400 (hourly wage of $80.00) as such and doesn’t provide estimates beyond these totals.