Looking to gain a competitive edge in the financial planning profession?
Attending professional development conferences is a great way for financial planners to convene with industry leaders and respected colleagues from all over the world in order to learn, network, and ultimately succeed in a fast-expanding field.
The 2016 Financial Planning Association (FPA) Annual Conference is slated to take place from September 14-16 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Maryland. In the past, the event has united more than 2,000 attendees from over 20 countries making it the biggest global assembly of financial planning pros to date.
This year’s conference boasts several impressive keynote speakers, including:
- Sharon Epperson: CNBC Senior Personal Finance Correspondent
- Cal Ripken, Jr.: Baseball All-Star MVP
- Eric Maddox: Corporate Intelligence Systems
- Brian C. Rogers: Chief Investment Officer of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc.
Attendees will also gain unparalleled access to lectures, roundtable discussions, and research presentations that feature major topics impacting financial planning. For example:
- Advising clients in difficult situations
- Estate planning
- Insurance planning mistakes and solutions
- Practice management concerns
- Cybersecurity issues
- Networking partnership development
- Global impact of investing
- Social media strategies
- Succession planning
- Changes in the wealth population
The popularity of the FPA Annual Conference is largely attributed to its commitment to fostering financial planners working at every professional level. In fact, attendees can choose a particular conference track to maximize the benefits of their experience. The three main tracks are:
- Advanced Practitioner Technical Track
- Practice Management, Marketing, and Technology Track
- Practitioner of the Future Track
The event is also open to students. In fact, the FPA is offering students hugely discounted registration rates to student attendees. The registration fee schedule is as follows:
- FPA Members: $799-$1,099
- Nonmembers: $999-$1,299
- Students: $199
Students and professionals that can only attend a portion of the conference are able to purchase day passes as well. Registration is still available at http://fpa-be.org/register/